If you have been dabbling in a vast variety of cannabinoids on the market, you might be thinking to yourself “can I pass a drug test?” Of course, CBD is harmless, but is THC-O the same? You’re thinking if the name has THC in it, surely I will fail a drug test? These are great questions to ask and very smart for your well-being. Well, the truth is, it depends.
Take a look at what we have and find out the answers you are looking for.
Table of contents:
- What Is THC-O?
- THC-O is a Hemp Isomer
- Is THC-O Legal?
- Will THC-O Trigger A Positive Drug Test Result?
- How Long Does It Take To Get THC-O Out Of Your System?
- How to Pass a Drug Test After Taking THC-O
- Will THC-O Cause A Failed Drug Test?
- Where To Buy THC-O Products?
What Is THC-O?
Hemp and cannabis do not naturally contain THC-O, an analog of Delta 9 THC. To produce THC-O, there is a process of extraction that begins with obtaining CBD so the starting product for creating THC-O is usually used with hemp plants as opposed to marijuana. A bit of science is required to produce THCO. CBD is required to produce THC-O-acetate, so a process of extracting and isolating needs to occur. Once the extraction and isolation are done, acetic anhydride is added, creating a reaction that produces THC-O-acetate. All of the techniques and scientific methods behind the manufacturing of THCO are proprietary to the manufacturers that have developed it.
As CBD is becoming more readily available to the public, the use of hemp-extracted material means that the final results of the hemp product produced are federally protected by the 2018 Farm Bill (Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018) according to congress. The 2018 Farm Bill states that all products derived from hemp can be sold outside of the typical dispensary organizations and can be made publicly available for everyone. For people in states without legalized cannabis, these types of cannabinoids have exploded onto the market and are extremely popular among the people.
A big reason why people are drawn in by THC-O is the incredible roller coaster of a ride it brings. They say it is three times the excitement of the most famous cannabinoid (Delta 9).
Related Article: What Is THC-O?
THC-O is a Hemp Isomer
The definition of an isomer is a compound of two or more with the same formula but has a different set up of atoms in the molecule and other properties. Cannabinoids like Delta 8 THC, CBD, and THC-O contain all the compounds mentioned, but each compound has a different atomical design. Being a hemp isomer is one of the biggest reasons why THCO is legal under the 2018 Farm Bill.
Is THC-O Legal?
The answer to this is yes, THCO is legal in the United States federally, but is different on the state level and is up to each individual state and their laws. The laws on cannabinoids and hemp products are intricate.
In 2018 the Trump administration with the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s partnership, they signed into legislation the 2018 Farm Bill also known as the Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018. The bill states that all hemp products with the content of Delta-9 THC under 0.3% on a dry-weight basis is legal for production and usage. Hemp-derived THC-O is legal for production and usage, according to the 2018 Farm Bill. Although THC-O is an analog of THC, because it comes from the hemp plant, it is considered legal. All products that are 100% hemp-derived are absolutely federally legal.
Certain state legislatures have started to make restrictions on hemp-derived products by regulating and passing bans or only allowing sales and production in state-controlled dispensaries. What people don’t know is that the legal cannabis industry is the one that is pushing for the laws that restrict sales of these hemp products, which they consider competition with marijuana and other cannabis-related products sold in licensed dispensaries.
Will THC-O Trigger A Positive Drug Test Result?
First off, is there a drug test that is made specifically for THC-O? No, you would likely be given a normal drug test that looks for THC metabolites and other drugs. Like with other forms of THC (Delta 8, Delta 9, Delta 10) once you consume it the THC metabolizes into your bloodstream and circulates through your body, and begins to reside in the body’s fat, eventually the THC passes through to the urine or feces. Depending on how much time, your body type, and whether you continue to use THC-O will determine the results of your drug test. Any drug test whether it’s urine, blood, or hair will likely test positive for THC.
Related Article: Does THC-O Show Up on Drug Tests?
How Long Does It Take To Get THC-O Out Of Your System?
Metabolism, body weight, time, and frequency of use are factors you should consider when you detox THC-O out of your system.
Please take a look at these factors below:
Metabolism is the process by which your body converts what you consume into energy. Every person’s body is built differently, this is just genetics. People with a faster metabolism will test clean sooner than those who have slower metabolisms.
This all really depends on your body type and the lifestyle you live. THC is fat soluble so that means it resides in the body’s fat cells. The higher the body fat percentage that you have, the longer the metabolites last. The amount of hydration you do, age, and overall health may be a factor as well in your detox timeline. THC is fat-soluble and is stored in the body’s fat. People with more body fat may find it more difficult to test clean than those with less body fat.
Time and Frequency of Use
The amount of time it takes for THC-O to get out of the body really depends on the person and several factors. You need to consider how much you have been consuming. Whether you vape or have been eating the products, it will take a lot longer to detox.
If you have been using gummies, for example, it will take much longer for your body to detox due to the high concentration of cannabinoids.
The more frequent user will have much longer to get THC out of their system. The less frequent user will have less time to get rid of THC from their body.
The general rule for detoxing THC is to give your body 30 days of no THC. This will apply to moderate to heavy consumers. It is said that light users who consume only once per week can usually detox in under a week.
All of this evidence is anecdotal and may or may not be true for your body. Everyone will vary in how fast their body will detox, with your own discretion take proper precautions.
How to Pass a Drug Test After Taking THC-O
There are several ways to get rid of the THC in your body before you take a drug test. Understanding which type of drug test you will take will determine how long your body needs and what you need to do to begin detoxing.
These are the type of drug tests and detection times for each:
- Urine Test: may last up to 15 days in the body for mild to moderate users, or 30 days in the body for frequent users. (Tip: your first urination of the day is the dirtiest. Try to test yourself after you have relieved yourself in the morning)
- Blood Test: may last up to a few hours to 36 hours in the body
- Saliva Test: may last up to 24 to 48 hours in the body.
- Hair Follicle Test: may last up to 90 days in the body after the last use.
Hopefully, you have plenty of time to detox naturally, you should follow these tips:
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of water. A good rule of thumb is to drink roughly half your body weight in ounces of water every day (drinking plenty of water is good for you). Staying hydrated will help your body flush out toxins. Diluting your urine will sometimes cause concerns about a fraudulent test, pending if the test is for probation or other legal purposes.
- Exercise, Burn that fat off!
- Getting a lot of exercise, and doing plenty of fat-burning activities may help. Getting a good cardio workout should help you shed fat. You want to burn the fat where the THC is sitting. Building up a good sweat the losing weight is important to how your body stores the THC. The less fat in your body the faster you can detox your system. Plus, exercise is good for your health!
- Well Rested Body- Get plenty of rest and sleep may help your body recover faster. Getting proper sleep is one the most important factors in losing weight and maintaining a healthy body. Most people don’t know this but lack of sleep will cause your body to hold onto more fat. Fat is the home of THC metabolites.
- Eat Clean! Be Clean– Avoid eating foods like sugar, gluten, red meats, dairy, alcohol, and fatty foods in general. Eat leafy greens, fruits, vegetables, and lean meats. Eat and drink foods that are known for their antioxidant properties, this may speed up the detoxification process.
- Avoid THC Products– Last but not least avoid any kind of product that may contain THC. The surest way to get your body clean is avoidance of THC products.
If you are really strapped for time you may consider looking into detoxification kits. There are plenty of great detox kits on the market that has shown promising results. Please do your research before buying any kit to ensure your safety and the likelihood of your passing.
You may also consider buying a home marijuana drug test kit to test yourself before you take your official drug test. The at-home drug test kit is fairly cheap and this way you can see how long it would take for you to get clean. Having a couple of test kits you can get a better understanding of how fast your body works. Testing negative with a home test might give you a sense of protection when you go in for your official test. Instead of going in blind and crossing your finger that you will pass.
Will THC-O Cause A Failed Drug Test?
The simple answer is yes THC-O can cause you to fail your drug test. The fact that THC-O-acetate is an analog of THC will cause any drug test that detects THC metabolites to be a failure. Whether the test is by urine, blood, saliva, or hair the results will be a failed test. If you are 100% certain that the drug test will not test for THC, then of course you will pass the drug test. Otherwise, it will be likely that you fail a drug test for THC.
Following the tips we have given you on how to pass a drug test will greatly reduce your chances of failing a drug test. But if you have a chance to avoid a drug test, we highly suggest that you do. We like to say a good drug test is no drug test.
Where To Buy THC-O Products?
At ATLRx we guarantee the highest quality THC-O products in the current market. All of our products are tested and verified for purity and quality. On our site, you can see our lab reports or COAs for all the products. All of our THC-O-acetate products are tested, so we can guarantee our customers are getting what they want and need. We live by our beliefs in transparency and customer satisfaction above all else. When you buy our products online, you are getting the best with ATLRx! Buying online makes life a lot easier and more convenient.
1. ATLRx THC-O Flower
Come to ATLRx for our premium flower coated with THC-O distillate to give you that extra pizazz during your experience. We provide three premium strains to choose from. Take look on our website to see these beautiful nugs and more information about them.
- ATLRx Cherry Runtz: 21.88% THC-O 14.28% CBD & ND Total THC
- An Indica strain with delicate aromas described as sweet, fruity, and floral.
- ATLRx Lemon Haze: 6.5% THC-O 16.35% CBD & ND Total THC
- A Sativa dominant strain with fragrant aromas described as lemony, tart, and earthy.
- ATLRx Suver Haze: 16.39% THC-O 13.25% CBD & .09% Total THC
- An Indica dominant hybrid with amazing aromas described as sweet and fruity.
2. ATLRx THC-O Pre-roll
ATLRx pre-rolls can save you time rolling your own joints. These pre-rolls are the best when you are in a rush or just too lazy to roll your own joint. Make life more convenient when you buy THC-O pre-rolls online. Prerolls come in two premium strains to select from. Take a look at our website for prices and more information.
- ATLRx Cherry Runtz – 1 gram pre-roll
- ATLRx Lemon Haze – 1 gram pre-roll
3. ATLRx THC-O Dabs
The premium THC-O Dabs for sale at ATLRx are second to none. Our THCO wax dabs come in 1 gram container using the premium THCO distillate. Dabs are one of the best-selling concentrates we have in our stores. The dabs come in three premium terpene strains. We use 92% high-quality THCO. Go on our website and check them out!
- ATLRx Banana Kush – A Sativa dominant hybrid that is a cross of Skunk Haze and Ghost OG. You will keep coming back with this one!
- ATLRx Grape Ape – An OG Indica that has a mix of Mendocino Purps, Afghani, and Skunk. You are getting three of the most covenant strains in this one! Don’t miss out on Grape Ape!
- ATLRx Strawberry Blonde – A super Sativa and a cross between Super Lemon Haze and Sour Strawberry. Don’t let this beauty walk away!
4. ATLRx THC-O Gummies
Shop with ATLRx so you can buy THC-O gummies knowing you will get the highest quality gummies made with premium ingredients. Our out-of-this-world gummies are top-notch for those who like the experience of gummies. The gummies come in a five-count, 10-count, and 20-count container at 30mg.
Now that you have an idea of what products are available for THC-O-acetate, you can make the decision of what’s best for you. Do you prefer flower, concentrates, or gummies? ATLRx has the best quality products and if you have any questions about our products, feel free to ask any of our team members at ATLRx. You can go on our website and read reviews left by our wonderful customers. We know it’s hard to choose from so many options and that’s fine! Take your time and maybe give all the products a chance and test them out for yourself. See what everyone is hyped about firsthand at ATLRx.
Thanks for taking the time to read our article and letting us give you a bit of information on THCO. Stay safe and be smart!
We want to state that this content is for informational purposes only. This has not been approved by the food and drug administration (FDA). It is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease or ailment or to claim any kind of health benefits. Nor should it be interpreted as instruction or medical advice to displace the advice of your doctor or other medical professionals. We highly recommend talking to your doctor to prepare a treatment plan for any diseases or ailments.