CBD + Sweet Potato Pancake Recipe-Making The Perfect Fall Morning
My favorite way to ingest CBD is in my food creations. Cooking is a creative expression and a love language for me. Fall is also my favorite season. I love when nature releases all of the beauty it grew the past few months in preparation for the slower, colder months. I love to cozy up in an oversized sweater and create some of my Autumn favorites in the kitchen. The fall harvest is plentiful with comfort foods like potatoes, squash, and apples. I woke up the other morning craving another comfort food… pancakes! Remember waking up as a child on a Saturday with nothing but pancakes and cartoons on the agenda? I would be lying if I said that wasn’t the inspiration I needed to make this delicious morning creation. I love cooking with whole foods, knowing I am nourishing the cells of my body. I’m whisking together the ingredients in harmony with the melody that’s playing throughout my kitchen which is currently Trevor Hall – A Reminder (East Forest Remix). What are some of your morning fall favorites to listen to as you slowly wake your body up?
Now, on to the good stuff… the pancakes on the agenda today have a bit of a healthy Autumn twist you didn’t know you needed – sweet potatoes! “Sweet potatoes?!” you may have just asked yourself. Yes, sweet potato. Sweet potatoes are insanely nutritious – packed with antioxidants, potassium, iron, and Vitamins C, D, & E. Atlanta Rx CBD & sweet potatoes go together perfectly because sweet potatoes are an anti-stress food and are known to help relax muscles, steady nerves, and balance cognitive functions. A perfect combo to start a peaceful and beautiful Autumn morning.
● 3/4 cup sweet potato puree (1 small sweet potato)
● 2 Eggs
● 1 Tbsp coconut oil
● 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
● 1/4 cup maple syrup
● 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
● 2 tsp baking powder
● 2 cups Almond flour (or flour of your choice)
● 1 Tbsp cinnamon
● 50mg ATL Rx CBD Oil (we used 5 full droppers from our 300mg bottle)
● Mix the sweet potato puree, eggs, coconut oil, almond milk, and maple syrup together.
● Add in the apple cider vinegar and baking powder, then mix.
● Add in the gluten free flour and cinnamon.
● Mix the ingredients together, then pour into an oiled pan.
● Cook over medium-high heat
● Mix CBD in Maple Syrup that you will pour onto your cakes!
● Serve and enjoy!