Quarantine, Mental health hacks
We are trying to make the best of the quarantine. You could be experiencing a lot of emotions as we are in a new territory. All of us. Some of us aren’t able to work from home and are even out of a job now and with the news on overdrive right now, it is just an unknown place. We thought we would have a little fun & so we put together a small list of ways to keep your mental and physical health up during these unprecedented times.
- Puzzles and board games - you can order puzzles and board games on Amazon. No need to leave your home for any of these fun past times. When was the last time you played a good old fashioned board game? In our household we have been playing Trivial Pursuit and Pictionary. It’s reminiscent of childhood. Putting down the phones and playing nightly board games and putting together puzzles as a household.
- FaceTime and Zoom - Even though we have to physically stay 6ft from people, that doesn’t mean you can’t have FaceTime or Zoom calls with your friends or family to stay connected! Zoom is a great way to catch up with multiple friends and family members at once… to not only hear another’s voice but see their face, makes such a difference. We have been having game nights and happy hours with friends and we have heard of some restaurants still putting on their trivia nights via zoom too! This can be a fun way to get creative with the people in your life.
- Reading - this is a great time when things are slowing down to pick up the book that’s been sitting on your shelf all year. Or a great time to read a book to help with keeping your perspective positive.
- In home workouts are a great way to keep the body moving. It is important to have some sort of movement practice every day, even if it’s just stretching. Connect with your body & have a practice that you do at least 5-10 minutes per day.
- Obviously TV is always a great way to wind down at the end of the night. Netflix, Amazon, HBO, Hulu and Disney + have a lot of great originals and movies. Starting a new series with your household is a fun thing to do with everyone being home every night! No one is going to miss an episode… of Tiger King :)
You could be experiencing a lot right now - Some great days, some low days, some scared or fearful days, and some happy days. Know that it is all okay. When distractions are low, we can really experience the range of emotions. You are not alone in this and know that we at ATLRx are here to help in any way we can. We are offering curbside pickup at our Alpharetta location. We are also offering free delivery! We know how important our products can be in a time like this and we are really committed to serving you all in this time.
We are truly in this together.
What ways are you keeping your spirits high during this time? We’d love to hear from you!